Saturday, May 11, 2013

Ranting 'bout picture books

Read this: Kindergartners today are being taught non-fiction reading to prepare them for the 'real world'. Politicians agree that this will be good for them in the future. What do I think?

what the heck happened to picture books?
Do people want boring people ruling the world? (of course they do. Might as well put up billboards saying: 'come to the dark side; we have non-fiction!') Personally, I love picture books. They were a huge part of my child-hood. Not that I have anything against non-fiction either. They're good for research, right?...
I strongly believe picture books develop future workers positively. they create a person's imagination and the urge to be more outgoing. what kind of kid doesn't like picture books? they're made up of so much creativity, happiness, and unicorn rainbow puke. Children grow up with it! I remember reading one when I was little; It was called Daniel and The Lions. It was a Japanese books about a boy named Daniel who goes into a dream land to find his life purpose. Eventually, he got in trouble and got thrown in a den with lions (hence the name). He had convinced the lions not to eat them and they became friends. What a surprise that was to the villagers! To tell you the truth, I still have that book in my room because it holds so much memories. And now future kindergartners might not have that amazing opportunities of looking through picture books! What?!?!?! How terrible is that? So now that I've enlightened you all, what to you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment